Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Note To You

Thank you for following my blog. I believe it is time to clue you in on where I intend this blog to go, and what I want to accomplish in writing my story.

I have always wanted to write a book. I started several, and they just didn’t go where I had planned. The outlines I started looked good, but my writing was off because I sounded too dogmatic. This is a technical blog; I want to show insight into some of the technology as I tell my stories. The technology I can vouch for. The stories are how I remember them, no guarantee there.

When I was deep into my undergraduate studies I became literate as an author and I discovered that I have a sort of flair in telling stories with the written word. I never thought I could have fun in an English class but writing has changed all that. I have since then promised myself to write a book. This blog is the start of that book, I am jazzed about how it is going because it is what I wanted it to be: entertaining and informative.

Thus, this blog took form from my idea to tell my adventures in Europe on the motorcycles and how I built a café racer when I returned to the states. In the chapters to come I hope to tell how Calvin and I took a little motorcycle ride across the English Channel on the ferry and how we discovered adventure of a different kind in England. I plan to explain how I managed to blow up the motor in the Honda and graduate to the first superbike from Japan and then how I modified that and became a terror of the streets, so bad I was told: “I want you out of town by tomorrow morning” by local law enforcement while visiting Don Mack in Eugene, Oregon.

So, as they used to say, “Don’t touch that dial.”

Love to all
Joe

P.S. Thanks to Gail White, my English teacher who helped me make the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment